It is the most common treatment option for getting a more V shaped face.
Botox is a neurotoxin derived from Clostridium botulinum which is the organism found in the natural environment so it is largely inactive and non-toxic. It is approved by the FDA(US Food and Drug Administration) for moderate to severe forehead lines treatment. Other face lines which are the signs of age like a frown, Crow’s feet, Bunny lines, marionette lines at the corners of the mouth, and smoker’s lines around the lips can also be addressed by Botox injection. Botox can also help to raise eyebrows and make your eyes look bigger which will give back the look of youthfulness to you. Botox also improves the shape of your face and tightens your skin. Moreover, people use it to treat excessive sweating.
Is it painful?
The patient might feel a small pain as the needles used for Botox injections are very small. A topical anesthetic cream or cold pack 10-20 minutes might be applied before the injections, so you may not feel much pain. The feeling of discomfort might occur later once the anesthetic cream has worn off.
When will I see the results?
When the result will show up depends on the type of treatment you choose.
- Your wrinkles will reduce or disappear within 3 days to a week after the treatment.
- For jawline reduction and facelift, you will see the result within 1-2 weeks after the treatment procedure.
There is no need for hospitalization, so the patient can return home shortly after the procedure. It is recommended that the patient follows recovery tips for the desired results:
- Avoid rubbing, massaging, or applying any pressure to the treated area for 6-8 hours.
- Cosmetics and cream can be applied gently. Avoid rubbing in the treated area.
- Apple a cold compress directly to the area if you have swelling or bruising.
- Try to contract muscles that were treated for 1 to 2 hours to allow Botulinum Toxin Type A to penetrate into muscles.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after the procedure.
- Put an extra pillow under your head for the first night to reduce swelling.
- Avoid doing any strenuous activity and workout session for at least 24 hours after the injection.
- Consult your doctor if you have any question.