Please call 083-852-4174 to make an appointment today Or add us on LINE @harmonyclinic for special promotions and discounts
What are the different types of laser treatments available?
We provide Q-switched ND: Yag laser which Is a laser with a wavelength of 532 and 1064 nm. It is used to treat skin pigmentation. The laser destroys the melanin on the epidermis layer and dermis layer of the skin. The melanin will be cracked and it be taken off from the skin.
Who is it for?
The treatment is suitable for people who have problems with skin pigmentation. It is used to improve Solar lentigenes, freckle, birthmark, Nevus of Ota, and dark lips. It is suitable for people who would like to erase tattoos as well.
How long does it take?
The whole procedure usually takes about 1 hour.
How long does it last?
The results generally last for about 3 years. However, it might last longer if you take care of your skin and follow skincare procedure after the treatment.
What is the procedure for ND-Yag Laser Treatment?
The treatment is performed by our experienced doctors. The procedure includes cleaning, anesthesia to minimize any pain or discomfort, and ND YAG Q SWITCH laser is used for rejuvenation. The patient may feel warm or hot in some areas during the procedure.
What are the side effects of Nd:YAG laser treatment
The patient might feel hot at the treated area about 20-30 minutes after the treatment. Redness may appear; it will get better within 1-2 hours. For shallow freckle treatment, there will be crusts on the skin for 3-7 days after the treatment. For tattoo erasing, there will be crusts on the skin for 1-2 weeks after the treatment. Others side effects like swelling, redness, dark skin, and burn might occur; however, these happen in rare case.
There is no need for hospitalization, so the patient can return home shortly after the procedure. It is recommended that the patient follows recovery tips for the desired results:
- Avoid rubbing, massaging, or applying any pressure to the treated area for 6-8 hours.
- Cosmetics and cream can be applied gently. Avoid rubbing in the treated area.
- Apple a cold compress directly to the area if you have swelling or bruising.
- Try to contract muscles that were treated for 1 to 2 hours to allow Botulinum Toxin Type A to penetrate into muscles.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after the procedure.
- Put an extra pillow under your head for the first night to reduce swelling.
- Avoid doing any strenuous activity and workout session for at least 24 hours after the injection.
- Consult your doctor if you have any question.
How often the patient should get the treatment?
This depends on the problem. For example, only 1 session of treatment is enough for Solar lentigenes, but it might take 3-4 sessions of treatment for freckle. Each session should be approximately 4-6 weeks apart.