The surface of the skin contains small holes or openings called pores.
It is a point where the hair follicle meets the skin. A little tube runs through the layers of skin where the hair follicle is located.
Sebaceous glands on either side of the follicle produce sebum which is a waxy material that naturally hydrates and protects the skin.
Pores create sebum or perspiration and release it. The clogging of these openings causes big pores to develop.
Clogged pores and irritation of the surrounding skin can be caused by the deposition of bacteria, dead skin cells, cosmetics, dirt, and debris.
The large size of pores can result in an undesirable complexion.
Many people are sensitive about the beauty and attractiveness of the face or skin.
Large pores affect the beauty of the skin. There are many methods to get rid of the large pores, including many home remedies and skin procedures.
The following are common methods for treating enlarged pores.
- Treatment of acne because pores become noticeable when acne clogs them. Use salicylic acid or take proper acne treatment, such as antibiotics, to get rid of it.
- Use water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your face or skin from the damaging effect of the sun.
- Exfoliate your skin to prevent skin damage and make your pores less noticeable.
- Remove oil, dead skin cells, debris, and dirt by applying a clay mask.
- Drink plenty of water because it helps to remove toxins from the pores and enhance the overall skin texture.
Microneedling Treatment For Enlarged Pores
Microneedling is a procedure used for reducing the appearance of enlarged pores.
Many dermatologists recommend this procedure because it is effective and safe for patients.
This is because the micro-injuries created during the microneedling process stimulates the skin to produce collagen and elastin.
Collagen is a protein that helps to maintain the health and flexibility of the skin, makes pores appear smaller and makes the skin tighter.
In comparison to other methods, microneedling has almost no adverse effects. Microneedling treatment is known for its effectiveness in treating enlarged pores.
Procedure of Microneedling
Microneedling must be performed by a medical expert.
It usually takes around an hour to complete.
First, a numbness cream is applied to the area to be treated and stays on for about 30-45 minutes.
Then the treatment begjns and can take another 30-45 minutes.
It is also recommended for skin sensitivity to chemicals or heat because it is supplied through a device.
The Microneedling device generates micro-channels in the skin, allowing serums and skincare products to penetrate the skin for maximum effect.
for best results, a course of 3-6 treatments is usually suggested over a period of 3-4 weeks.
Benefits of Microneedling
The benefits of Microneedling include…
- Reducing enlarged pores
- Beneficial for skin pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Reduce skin scars and reduce acne
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- Treat dehydrated winter skin
- It helps to brighten dull skin
- Effectively treat skin damaged from medication, sunburn, and chemotherapy
What to Expect After a Microneedling Treatment
The top skin layer will gradually peel off within a few days, revealing the new, smoother, and denser layer beneath.
This can be seen just a few days after the treatment.
Why is Microneedling Treatment Prefered For Large Pores?
Nowadays, the microneedling procedure is the suitable choice of the dermatologist because it is safe, effective, and chemical-free.
It is also ideal for all skin colors.
Moreover, it also produces collagen and is used extensively without fear of side effects like burning sensation during laser treatment or pigmentation during a peeling procedure.